Oh how I’ve missed you, my blogging friends. It’s seems like it’s been ages since I’ve posted something even though it’s only been a little over a week. The past week has been a rough one at both work and home with so much going on and the temptation was there. The one that makes you want to just type it all out and post it for the world to read so that you can respond with words of comfort or advice or those ‘just hang in there’ comments. But now is not the time for that, at least not yet.
So instead of doom and gloom, I have brought you my top ten list of addictions. Some I really had to think about, because although they made the list, the addiction runs in spurts. I go through phases where I may play Sims for days on end, or read book after book until 3am but it isn’t always an everyday kind of thing.
10. Sims 3 – A good friend of mine got me hooked on this game. I pretty sure that I am more fascinated with buying big houses and decorating them than I am actually playing the game. Either way, once I start playing, I can sit in front of the computer for hours and not realize how much time has gone by.
9. Cycling – Although I don’t ride enough to truly classify this as an addiction, it is my hope that it will one day become an addiction. The times I do get to ride have been such a great stress reliever as well as workout. Knowing that you’ve ridden 5, 10, 15 miles is exhilarating. Unfortunately, I am not at junkie status yet. Those are the riders that can go for 40 miles at a time. I am so incredibly jealous of you!
8. Journals – There are journals, some written in, some still blank. All of which are scattered around my house or stuffed in desk drawers at work. I love that they come in all shapes, sizes, styles, etc. There is one to fit every type of mood or any type of writing.
7. Shoes – I confess to not having a 100 different pairs of shoes, probably because money and space to store them is limited. However, I don’t think there has ever been a time that I haven’t tried on at least one pair of shoes when I’ve been in Target or Kohl’s.
6. Books – Boxes and boxes of books, have I. This is undoubtedly where my love for writing comes from. Reading what others have written, getting so involved with a story line that you have the next book’s release date marked in your calendar probably qualifies as an addiction.
5. Pandora – Jewelry. What woman doesn’t like jewelry? There is a charm for every occasion. You can build your bracelet up slowly, mix and match colors, and it makes it easy for the hubby to shop for presents. Just get a couple of charms and he can’t go wrong.
4. Blogging – Since I’ve started this blog I find myself visiting the site throughout the day, checking it when I first wake up and before going to bed. This must be what a Facebook addict feels like. Did anyone read my blog? How many hits do I have? Did anyone leave comments? Do I have any more followers? I’m obsessed!
3. Make-up – Make-up is similar to shoes, you can never have too much and you need something for every occasion. Of course, it’s never as easy as the experts make it look and the models they use have flawless skin with no freckles. Just once, I would like to see them apply make-up to a 30-something-year-old with freckles and maybe a few blemishes.
2. Gadgets – Doesn’t everyone want the latest in technology? Even if it’s just to brag a little bit. Of course, like all technology, there is something better just around the corner. And wouldn’t you know that as soon as you get the iPad 2, the next release (iPad 3) is scheduled to come out. No worries though, I am very happy with the gadgets I have.
1. Coach purses – Again, these are one of those things that you can never have too many of. However, my wallet would tend to disagree. Thank goodness for the outlet stores in Orlando. There is nothing better than going into the store hoping to find one affordable, totally cute purse and coming out with two or three for the price of one! SCORE!!